Monday, October 30, 2006

Harry Potter. Yes. I started reading the series this past week and now must finish the series because it is so stinkin' interesting.

Yes. I have gotten a lot of 'counsel' in deciding whether or not I should read them. From my pastor's mother (70+) to the oldest boy that I nanny (9 yrs. old), I have not heard a single person who has read the series tell me that I shouldn't read it.

Today, as I sat reflecting on the characters, I truly thought that I had seen the first movie (but had to remind myself that I had not). J.K. Rowling does a wonderful job depicting the story. The reader is truly able to visualize the story as if he or she is there.

So would I tell someone else to read it? Yes. if he or she likes to read a good STORY. And that is what one must remember--that it is a story (not only with these books but with any book that is fiction). And even non-fiction books, one must read with discenment. The only book to find true non-fiction is in the Word of God!

6 comments:

Erin said...

Good for you, Mindy. I plan on reading it myself...one day. And maybe one day I'll be proficient enough to read/sign it to Max. Sounds like he'd like it!
Have a great week!

Jamie Butts said...

Miss you Mindy. Let's catch up sooooooooooon!

mindy said...

yes, erin. i think max would like it. cindy vincent pointed out that it is battle between good and evil. and j.k.rowling (the author) always makes good win.

Rebekah said...

mindy francisco.
you would have a blogspot :)

Momma B. said...

SO, how far are you? I am certain you are already hopelessly hooked. What book are you on? I would love to talk about it sometime. It was fun visiting at gerlthouse the other night!

Jamie Butts said...

Hi there, Mindy Loooooooooo,

I ran across this recently and I THINK (not sure) we talked about it awhile back. Even though I'm married, I am still fascinated and sift through a lot of the mindsets I held while single (also a gracious season from the Lord) or answer Joey's questions (very purposeful, that little sister of mine) about life going from single to tying the knot. This is an article http://www.crosswalk.com/community/singles/1368442.html about something I was guilty of. Calling certain guys "creepy guys" and I love this gals take on it. This really doesn't have anything to do with you (I'm not saying you ever do that except I think we talked about it once). Let me know what you think. I love this gal's blog by the way. She's the same author of that book I read once with the cheesy title (Did I Kiss Marriage Goodbye?) but great book.